Monday, April 23, 2012

Give Me the Beat...



Isn't it always the way... We try and try to introduce concepts to children and I know I myself am often frustrated and left with a feeling that they are still very much in the dark. Well we have been studying patterns for quite some time...we make snap cube patterns, we make people patterns, we make letter patterns, we make playdoh patterns, we make shape patterns... we make musical patterns and yet none of my friends can explain a pattern to me. While in centers my friends in the block center used different toys to make a drum set, they made and explained that they were making a pattern with sounds and were able to explain to me the different sounds and why they were different. We ( I ) often forget how much information is absorbed just by being :) ROCK ON LITTLE FRIENDS!

No comments:

Post a Comment